Sunday, September 11, 2011

Andy Martin, the only presidential candidate in New York on 9/11/01 tells his story

Republican Presidential Candidate Andy Martin has a long history of involvement with the World Trade Center, terrorism and 9/11. In a two-part report he provides insights from his decades of experience and assesses how 9/11 made him a different presidential candidate. Andy was the only presidential candidate



NEWS FROM:


ANDY MARTIN /2012


New Hampshire’s Favorite Son candidate


for President of the United States


Join the New Ronald Reagan Revolution


www.AndyMartinforPresident.com


E-mail: Andy@AndyMartinforPresident.com


P. O. Box 1851


New York, NY 10150-1851


Tel. (866) 706-2639



Blogs:



www.AndyforPresident.blogspot.com


www.AndyforPresident.wordpress.com


www.StopNorthernPass.blogspot.com


www.StopNorthernPass.wordpress.com


www.YouTube.com/Martinin2012



To become a regular subscriber to our campaign emails please send an email to Andy@AndyMartinforPresident.com and place “SUBSCRIBE” in the subject line.



Andy Martin, in New York on 9/11, Part One (of two parts)



FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:



(NEW YORK) (September 11, 2011) I am certainly the only presidential candidate who worked (and occasionally lived) in the World Trade Center. And I am probably the only presidential candidate that was in New York City on September 11, 2001. 9/11 changed all of us. Because my experiences both in the World Trade Center and on 9/11 provide me with a unique perspective as a candidate, perhaps you will be interested in what I have to say.



-----------



On September 11, 2001 I was in New York. I was to live through the horrors of that day. In Part One (below) of two parts, I provide some background about my years in the World Trade Center. In Part Two I’ll describe that day and the days afterward.



In mid-1973 the Port Authority of New York offered me a lease for a consulting business at the World Trade Center (“WTC”). We moved in on January 1, 1974. The office was configured for 24-hour operation so we could be available whenever needed.



Much of the WTC had not yet been built. At night, lower Manhattan was pretty barren. I headed north to Greenwich Village for dinner; often I walked down to the Staten Island ferry for a slice of pizza in the middle of the night. The WTC buildings (I was in Two WTC) were guarded by the Port Authority Police but were otherwise pretty much open. I became familiar with the buildings from top to bottom.



Occasionally a lady friend and I would spend the night in my office; we had two St. Bernard dogs. The dogs loved being in the World Trade Center. They slept in their “hotel” down in the garage and what is now Battery Park City was their playground. It is hard to imagine today how the buildings were essentially open 24/7 without significant security.



The Port Authority encouraged me to move in because they wanted someone with a background in foreign policy, the military and intelligence.



My mother had worked in a clandestine service. Dinner table conversation in my home usually involved world events, not baseball or schoolwork. My father and grandfather were military officers and my mother’s grandfather was a double agent during efforts to end the Ottoman occupation of Greece. So the craft of intelligence was pretty much bred into my genes.



As a youngster I had closely followed the Korean War. I remember the day General Douglas McArthur spoke to Congress after being removed by President Harry Truman. (I also remember the day in 1952 when President Truman visited Middletown, Connecticut and we were released from school to see the president drive through.) And I can still vividly recall the day Dien Bien Phu fell in the French Indochina War. I was fascinated by that conflict.



In college, one of my ROTC officers at the University of Illinois wanted me to be a fighter pilot. Being a pilot was sexy in an abstract way but I had no interest in the cockpit. Another officer introduced me to Professor Bernard B. Fall, an Indochina expert, when Fall visited the University of Illinois to give a speech on the American involvement in Viet-Nam. After studying Dr. Fall’s writings I came to understand how a combination of military tactics and political goals could fuse to become a revolutionary war.



Bernard Fall was killed in Viet-Nam 1967. Later that year I went to Viet-Nam to study revolutionary warfare.



Fall became the inspiration for me to found the Revolutionary War Research Center. I went to Libya and Egypt in 1971 and have continued to study the Middle East and Southwest Asia since then. Having by 1973 already traveled to or lived in England, Belgium, Libya, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Viet-Nam, Cambodia, Laos and Hong Kong, I had an exposure to the world someone at the Port Authority found interesting.



Amazing as it seems in 2011, even during the end of the Viet-Nam era almost no one was integrating foreign policy, military matters and intelligence operations as part of international business analysis. The World Trade Center office proved to be highly successful and eventually we were offered a midtown office in a new global facility. So we moved.



Monday, September 10, 2001 a friend and I made plans to go downtown Tuesday morning September 11th on some routine business matters. Even though by 2001 I had long since moved out of the World Trade Center, occasionally I would take people by to visit the buildings. Inevitably I would stop by my old office which had survived and never been incorporated into any adjacent space.



My guest on September 10th had never visited the WTC so I said, “Well, after we finish up with what we have to do, why don’t we walk over to the World Trade Center? We can see where my office was...” And so the plan for Tuesday morning the 11th was to head downtown, take care of some business, and head for the WTC. We never made it.



(continued in Part Two)



--------------------------



MEDIA CONTACT: (866) 706-2639 or CELL (917) 664-9329
E-MAIL: Andy@AndyMartinforPresident.com



ujntsman wasd reelected in November, 2008. A few monrths later he resigned to serve
his president,” Barack Obama. SDo whyh was it so terrible that Palin resigned and Hutsman served evenless of his secondterm? Can I say “double standard” again.



What os this show us? Whetyher thessue s resigfnaitonsor religion,th emedia shamlessly create double standards tgo favr theiiberal medioa pets (fulldisclosure; I am ot aliberalmedia pet).


--------------------------


Please Donate:



www.AndyMartinforPresident.com


--------------------------


LINKS TO THIS STORY (cut and paste the entire link below and not just the underlined portion):



--------------------------


ABOUT ANDY: Chicago Public Radio calls Andy Martin a “boisterous Internet activist.” The Chicago Tribune calls him “Chicago’s own…political activist.” Andy is a legendary New York and Chicago-based muckraker, author, Internet columnist, talk television pioneer, radio talk show host, broadcaster and media critic. He has over forty years of background in radio and television and is the dean of Illinois media and communications. He is the author of “Obama: The Man Behind The Mask” [www.OrangeStatePress.com] and he produced the Internet film "Obama: The Hawaii’ Years” [www.BoycottHawaii.com]. Andy is the Executive Editor and publisher of the “Internet Powerhouse,” www.ContrarianCommentary.com. He comments on regional, national and international events with more than four decades of investigative and analytical experience both in the USA and around the world.



Martin has been a leading corruption fighter in Illinois and American politics and courts for over forty years. [www.AndyMartin.com] He is currently sponsoring www.AmericaisReadyforReform.com. See also www.FirstRespondersOnline.us; www.EnglishforAmerica.org



He holds a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Illinois College of Law and is a former adjunct professor of law at the City University of New York (LaGuardia CC, Bronx CC).

UPDATES:
www.twitter.com/AndyMartinUSA
www.Facebook.com/AndyMartin

Andy's columns are also posted at ContrarianCommentary.blogspot.com; ContrarianCommentary.wordpress.com.


ContrarianCommentary.typepad.com



[NOTE: We try to correct any typographical errors in our stories; find the latest version on our blogs.]


--------------------------


© Copyright by Andy Martin 2011 – All Rights Reserved


--------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment