Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Andy Martin responds to criticism from a South Carolina Republican

Independent Republican Presidential Candidate Andy Martin receives feedback from Republicans all across the United States every day. He answers a lot of those email questions personally. Following below is a response to a question from a South Carolina Republican that came in on December 7th. We thought you might appreciate reading the exchange.



NEWS FROM:


ANDY MARTIN /2012


“He Can Do More for New Hampshire



New Hampshire’s Favorite Son candidate


for President of the United States



www.AndyMartinforPresident.com


www.AndyMartin.com


www.FirstRespondersOnline.us


E-mail: Andy@AndyMartinforPresident.com


P. O. Box 1851


New York, NY 10150-1851


Tel. (866) 706-2639; Cell (917) 664-9329



Blogs:



www.AndyforPresident.blogspot.com


www.AndyforPresident.wordpress.com


www.StopNorthernPass.blogspot.com


www.StopNorthernPass.wordpress.com


www.YouTube.com/Martinin2012



To become a regular subscriber to our campaign emails please send an email to Andy@AndyMartinforPresident.com and place “SUBSCRIBE” in the subject line.



FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:



(New York) (December 7, 2011) Every day we get feedback from Republicans all across the United States. Not all of them like what I have to say. What follows is a complaint from a South Carolina Republican, and my response. Both are unedited:


Andy,


You spend most of your emails criticizing the Republican candidates for President and hardly anytime criticizing the Democrats and President Obama. Are you REALLY a Republican or a shill for the Democrats? Is there ONE Republican out of those running who you like or with whom you agree on something?


If you can’t answer these two questions, please remove me from your email list.


Thank you,


M. G. Suber


Columbia, SC


mgsuber@bellsouth.net


Hi M. G. --



Your question is a perfectly reasonable one and I have a perfectly reasonable answer.



First of all, I have been fighting Obama since 2004. I have an extensive track record of aggressive investigative opposition to Obama. Where were the other candidates in 2008 when I was leading the political opposition to the Mysterious Mr. Obama? Nowhere. They were all silent. Newt Gingrich was busy on Freddie Mac’s payroll. So it seems to me that the “why aren’t you criticizing Obama more?” part of your question doesn’t really apply to me. Maybe you should ask the others why they were silent in 2008, when I wasn’t.



I’m getting ready to release a piece later today on Bill Clinton and crony capitalism. Me unafraid to criticize Democrats? You must have the wrong candidate.



Second, right now we are now in a slightly different phase of the election process. All of the Republican candidates are opposed to Obama and all of us share a basic set of common values. Right now we are sorting out who can best articulate a plan to elect a Republican. In this phase by necessity the campaign becomes comparative and competitive with each other. This phase will end once a nominee is selected. That’s also why most of the candidates who know how to campaign are sharpening their tactics as we approach January 3rd.



Finally, I don’t think I have said an unkind word about Rick Santorum. While I am aware of Mitt Romney’s limitations there isn’t much to criticize in his life. He is a decent person whatever you believe about his track record.



I believe Newton Gingrich is a bad man. He is unfit to lead because he is a failed leader. People who support him are either unsophisticated or have memory problems or both. So, yes, I will have tougher attacks on Gingrich. Michele Bachmann I have pretty much ignored, and recently I have left Perry alone as well. (I predicted Herman Cain was not ready way back in May; my radar was better than that of the people who joined his parade.)



I think Donald Trump is toxic and will be writing more about the Trump/Gingrich cabal in the days ahead. I have often said and written that I agree with Ron Paul about 90% of the time 90% of the way, but he often loses me in the last step or two.



My campaign is planning a 30-minute program that will air in on TV New Hampshire stating January 1st, and will be available on my YouTube channel as well as on my web site. So, yes, we will have a lot more to say about my own unique qualifications to serve and lead.



Campaigning needs to be a mix of the positive and negative. If you only want happy talk or pretend politics about the other candidates I may not be your guy. I have a pretty solid track record of predicting and evaluating the weaknesses of leaders and many people look to me for my views even when they don’t want to hear what I have to say (in other words, they may not want to hear the truth, but they are still curious to see how I evaluate matters based on my unique experience spanning 45 years in politics.) I was already in Washington fighting corruption when Newt Gingrich was still a lowly professor in Georgia having oral sex in his front driveway.



So what’s not to like? If you want to be removed, we will of course respect your request. But it seems to me that however painful it may be for you to read my material if you support Gingrich or Paul, I am pretty much in the mainstream of reality for what it takes to beat Obama. Are you?



Now that I have given you a fair answer to your question, may I return the favor? Other than me, the most experienced candidate, who do you like and who do you support?



Best wishes as always.



Andy Martin



--------------------------



MEDIA CONTACT: (866) 706-2639 or CELL (917) 664-9329
E-MAIL: Andy@AndyMartinforPresident.com



ujntsman wasd reelected in November, 2008. A few monrths later he resigned to serve
his president,” Barack Obama. SDo whyh was it so terrible that Palin resigned and Hutsman served evenless of his secondterm? Can I say “double standard” again.



What os this show us? Whetyher thessue s resigfnaitonsor religion,th emedia shamlessly create double standards tgo favr theiiberal medioa pets (fulldisclosure; I am ot aliberalmedia pet).


--------------------------


Please Donate:



www.AndyMartinforPresident.com


--------------------------


LINKS TO THIS STORY (cut and paste the entire link below and not just the underlined portion):



--------------------------


ABOUT ANDY: Andy Martin’s family immigrated to Manchester, New Hampshire 100 years ago. His mom was born in Manchester. Growing up, Andy spent summers in New Hampshire. That’s why he’s New Hampshire’s “Favorite Son” presidential candidate in the 2012 presidential primary election.



Today Andy is a legendary New York and Chicago-based muckraker, author, Internet columnist, talk television pioneer, radio talk show host, broadcaster and media critic. Chicago Public Radio calls Andy a “boisterous Internet activist.” The Chicago Tribune calls him “Chicago’s own…political activist.” He has over forty years of background in radio and television. He is the author of “Obama: The Man Behind The Mask” [www.OrangeStatePress.com] and he produced the Internet film "Obama: The Hawaii’ Years” [www.BoycottHawaii.com]. Andy is the Executive Editor and publisher of the “Internet Powerhouse,” www.ContrarianCommentary.com. He comments on regional, national and international events with more than four decades of investigative and analytical experience both in the USA and around the world.



Andy has been a leading corruption fighter in Illinois and American politics and courts for over forty years. [www.AndyMartin.com] He is currently sponsoring www.AmericaisReadyforReform.com. See also www.FirstRespondersOnline.us; www.EnglishforAmerica.org



He holds a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Illinois College of Law and is a former adjunct professor of law at the City University of New York (LaGuardia CC, Bronx CC).

UPDATES:
www.twitter.com/AndyMartinUSA
www.Facebook.com/AndyMartin

Andy's columns are also posted at ContrarianCommentary.blogspot.com; ContrarianCommentary.wordpress.com.


ContrarianCommentary.typepad.com



[NOTE: We try to correct any typographical errors in our stories; find the latest version on our blogs.]


--------------------------


© Copyright by Andy Martin 2011 – All Rights Reserved


--------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment