Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Independent Republican Presidential candidate Andy Martin’s fundraising appeal

Andy Martin discusses “the Birthers,” Donald Trump, Andy's qualifications for the presidency and the 2008/2012 “default” by the Republican Party to effectively confront and question President Barack Obama’s qualifications for the presidency. Andy announces that he has a new TV program in production to air before the January 10, 2012 New Hampshire primary.




ANDY MARTIN /2012


“He Can Do More for New Hampshire



New Hampshire’s Favorite Son candidate


for President of the United States



www.AndyMartinforPresident.com


www.AndyMartin.com


www.FirstRespondersOnline.us



E-mail: Andy@AndyMartinforPresident.com


P. O. Box 1851


New York, NY 10150-1851


Tel. (866) 706-2639; Cell (917) 664-9329


Fax (866) 707-2639



Blogs:


www.AndyforPresident.blogspot.com


www.AndyforPresident.wordpress.com


www.StopNorthernPass.blogspot.com


www.StopNorthernPass.wordpress.com


www.YouTube.com/Martinin2012




December 6, 2011




Dear Reader and friend:



Some of you have been reading my columns since I first started writing about Barack Obama in 2004. I used my decades of corruption-fighting experience in Chicago and Illinois to expose Obama’s phony resume and to write a bestselling book about him (“Obama: The Man Behind The Mask”).



In 2008 I was the first and only independent investigator to head for Hawai’i to dig for the truth about Obama. Mr. Obama returned the compliment by attacking me on national television. By default, I led the political opposition to Obama in 2008 because Republican politicians simply lay down and defaulted. (Only Sarah Palin had the insight and street smarts to recognize Obama’s vulnerabilities, and she was silenced by the McCainiacs.)



I am now a 2012 presidential candidate and I need your help. I may be someone you can and should support financially, or maybe not. Let me explain why I am so tentative.



Although I am credited with literally creating the “Birther” movement I have recently had to disassociate myself from some of the kookier anti-Obama elements that have metastasized from my original research and writing.



Some people used exaggerated claims against Obama to collect legal “fees,” all of which went into their pockets. Other opponents create public relations extravaganzas which morph into disasters and only make Obama look like a victim.



Here are three ironclad things you need to know about our American system, about reality and about living in the adult world.



First, just because “Birthers” say it is so does not make it so. I get a lot of emails from people who dictate to me what the Constitution says and means. There are a lot of elements in our society that are open to discussion and debate. Among the hundreds of emails I get daily I often receive claims that if Birthers interpret the Constitution in a certain way, that’s the only way. Uh, uh. Our system diffuses power, locally and nationally. The law isn’t what Birthers say it is, the law is what judges and public officials ultimately decide it is. That leads me to point two.



Courts are not perfect institutions. They make mistakes and they suffer from all of the other human frailties, such as bias, laziness, confusion and corruption. The courts are ill-suited to resolve election disputes over eligibility. Which is why to date they have refused to do so. Most likely Obama can only be removed at the ballot box, nowhere else.



Finally, politics itself is far from perfect. Politicians make mistakes all the time. And a lot of politicians are dumb, or incompetent or just plain crooked. Election decisions are also made by mistake or corruption. Bottom line: We do not live in a perfect world.



Whatever your doubts about Barack Obama, in order to be effective those views have to be filtered through the judicial process and the political process.



I was only an investigative columnist in 2008, not a candidate. I decided to become a candidate for president in 2012 because I feared a repeat of 2008, i.e. the Republican Party defaulting again against Obama. That is exactly what I now see happening. The liberal media are once again in overdrive to reelect President Obama. The presidential primary process has only one candidate questioning and challenging Obama personally: me.



The other Republican presidential candidates do not want to hear your doubts about Obama because most Republicans are not well-enough informed about Obama to process your questions about him in an intelligent manner. So they punt. Many Republicans are also convinced they are going to automatically defeat Obama and they are more interested in dividing up the spoils than they are with confronting the reality that Obama is the ultimate comeback artist. Don’t count him out.



Although I am a candidate, I may be the world’s worst fund raiser. This is the first request you will get for financial support, and very possibly the last. If you see the world as I do—as a complex and imperfect place where we can only make a difference in challenging Obama if we accede to reality and strive to change that reality through the political and legal process-then we’re one.



If you feel that sending out wacky emails with exaggerated claims and colorful language and constitutional diktats are enough for you, I wish you the best. But you will be totally ineffective. Obama's supporters have donated billions to elect and reelect him. How much have Obama's opponents donated to opposing him? Not very much. That’s ultimately why he’s winning and we’re losing.



Right now I am producing a new television program that will start airing before the New Hampshire primary on WMUR-TV in Manchester and all across the state of New Hampshire. We need money to produce the program and we need money to air the program.



The program is not going to be a screed against Obama. It will deal primarily with my background and credible qualifications to seek the presidency, as well as discussing some of the issues I have pursued over the past decades, including potentially my pathfinding efforts to expose Barack Obama. I have an extensive resume of foreign policy experience and corruption-fighting successes. I am not a one-issue candidate and I am not just an anti-Obama candidate. My doubts about Obama are a reason, but not the only reason, why people should vote for me.



You don’t score points against Obama by creating a commotion and looking silly. You score points by acting professionally, working properly within the system and trying hard to keep Obama off his game. I did it in 2008. I can do it again in 2012. But I can only do it with your help.



We are currently writing the script for the New Hampshire primary program. Should I include a more extensive section on my efforts to research and investigate Obama? Or are conservative voters no longer interested? Am I too removed from the screaming of “Birthers?” Should I concentrate only on my own qualifications? You are invited to provide your input.



Let me also be clear about Donald Trump. I have known Trump for over thirty (30) years. Trump has always been sleazy and self-promoting. Earlier this year Trump used the Birther movement to promote his own TV show. Then he dumped the Birthers and left them high and dry. Some of you (who were obviously gullible or inexperienced or both) asked me to drop my campaign and support Trump’s. I refused on the grounds Trump had no campaign. His actions were all a media ruse.



Now Trump is trying to sell a book and trying to disrupt the Republican Party (of which more of my concerns will come in a future column) and he is once again playing the Birther card. You are being used as colossal suckers by Trump and enlisted in serving his self-promoting propaganda machine. Trump may say he is against Obama but his efforts have exactly the opposite effect. Think about it.



I’d like you to consider two things. First, you can send me your thoughts on whether I should even discuss your doubts about Obama in my TV show. Or you can tell me I should ignore the matter now that Trump is once again discrediting Birthers and exploiting their lack of political sophistication.



Second, if you agree with my approach, which might be compared to the “Tortoise” style as opposed to being one of the ephemeral anti-Obama “Hares,” send us some money, as much as you can afford, to help cover the cost of producing and airing my program and carrying my message to the people of New Hampshire. You can make an online donation at www.AndyMartinforPresident.com or mail us a check (address above). We can use any additional money to run more TV ads as well as airing the special program.



Whatever happens on January 10th I am not going to “suspend” my campaign on January 10th. I am not going to stop writing about Obama and I am not going to stop investigating Obama. He is a legitimate target of scholarly inquiry and investigation. During my recent investigative trip to Hawai’i I generated a lot of new ideas and new material. I am hoping to write up my notes as soon as I get a breather (Christmas Day?). Because of the pressure of the political schedule, time is at a premium right now.



In closing, please understand that even a reasonable cause, such as having legitimate doubts about Obama, can be presented in an unreasonable way. I have often wondered if some of Obama’s “opponents” were really being paid by Obama to make a joke of the opposition and to stoke up his own base. Maybe, maybe not. I know my efforts have been 100% professional and 100% independent. That's why I am the only Republican and the only presidential candidate and the only writer Obama really fears. I have lived in Chicago. I knew “Obama” before he was “President Obama.”



If only more people had listened to me in 2008. If only more people were listening to me right now.



It’s all up to you.



Best wishes,



ANDY



--------------------------


© Copyright by Andy Martin 2011 – All Rights Reserved


--------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment