Friday, August 26, 2011

Republican Presidential Candidate Andy Martin sends a “Love Letter” to the people of New Hampshire

As his field headquarters moves to Lancaster, New Hampshire, Andy reminisces. Andy leaves behind some of himself in New Hampshire’s North Country. He continues to march against the proposed Northern Pass high voltage transmission line. And he stands by his promise to fill the shoes of Neil Tillotson who also had a love affair with the North Country and its people.



As Andy prepared this latest “progress report” his feelings morphed into a “love letter” to the people of New Hampshire.



Independent Republican Presidential Candidate Andy Martin continues “Operation Walk The Line” and moves southward across New Hampshire. Martin, who began marching in Pittsburg at the end of July, will end August by marching into Lancaster. As time and budgets permit, Andy will keep marching until he reaches Concord. Andy is the only presidential candidate actively fighting Northern Pass.




ANDY MARTIN /2012


New Hampshire’s Favorite Son candidate


for President of the United States


Join the New Ronald Reagan Revolution


www.AndyMartinforPresident.com


E-mail: Andy@AndyMartinforPresident.com


Campaign mail:


P. O. Box 1851, New York, NY 10150-1851


Tel. (866) 706-2639 Fax (866) 707-2639



Blogs:


www.AndyforPresident.blogspot.com


www.AndyforPresident.wordpress.com


www.StopNorthernPass.blogspot.com


www.StopNorthernPass.wordpress.com


www.YouTube.com/Martinin2012



August 20, 2011



You are invited to join Andy’s “Long March” against Northern Pass on Friday and Saturday August 26th-27th



Dear Friends and


Fellow Opponents of Northern Pass:[1]



I’m excited to provide you with this latest progress report as the “Long March” against the proposed Northern Pass high voltage line continues into Groveton and Lancaster. (And, once again, I’m also excited, and relieved, to report my feet are holding up.)



This progress report comes with a tinge of sadness and a deep sense of appreciation and affection for all of you who have welcomed us along the way and helped make the march a success.



For most of July and August our mobile command center was based in Colebrook. Our headquarters has now moved to Lancaster, and will eventually transfer southward as the march continues. I am sad.



I grew up on a street called “Main Street” in a city called “Middletown,” just off the campus of Wesleyan University. So small town values are part of my character. In fact, my basic sense of integrity and loyalty often comes into conflict with the more fleeting mores of big city living. And, yes, I have been far away from field and farm for many years.



As so often is the case when you begin an unknown journey, you see new things and experience familiar things in a different way. Walking along a busy highway, Route 3, I experienced the “land” with a different sensation. As our great poet Robert Frost said “The land was ours before we were the land's.” (link below) Walking mile after mile, looking at the mountains, the meadows, the flowers and the Connecticut River, you realize we belong to the land in an inseparable and eternal way.



You renew your sense of reverence for the land that has created the abundance we know today as the United States of America.



Along the way there have been covered bridges, historical markers, shuttered factories and most importantly friendly people who come out to welcome us. All of them offered their sense of history and their counsel for the future.



One of my favorite tunes is Moe Bandy’s classic “Americana.” Take a listen at:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkdhsqXzeAU



If you have perused my biography, you know I have risen to prominence as a big city corruption fighter and truth-teller about the man I called in 2008 (how did I know it back in 2008?) “the world’s greatest entertainer,” President Barack Hussein Obama.



My “Long March” energizes me to reconnect with why I opposed Barack Obama in 2008, and what I saw in him in 2008 that others didn’t. (Reminder: in 2008 many Republicans were afraid to fight Obama; I was quite alone.) Obama, of course, is quietly backing Northern Pass even though it contradicts his 2008 campaign promises.



That’s why this letter is not only a “progress report.” This letter is truly a love letter to the people of New Hampshire and to the “Americana” that lives in this great state.



Unlike other presidential candidates who have large staffs to organize their fleeting visits to New Hampshire, I have lived among the people for the past two months. I'm the only presidential candidate who actually shops at Wal-Mart. We don’t rush in and rush out. We’re on foot (and yesterday for a change we tried being on a bike). When you’re walking, or even biking, you’re not in a rush.



Today our march was slowed as supporters picked wild blueberries, apples, flowers and other tiny random gifts of nature. We stopped to buy freshly-picked corn and tomatoes at a “Republican” farm in Stratford. And it rained much of the day. I was soaked but kept riding.



I came back to New Hampshire in July just as Neil Tillotson’s love and legacy for the North Country was being trampled on by a bunch of corporate hucksters and fast buck artists. They wanted to close the North Country’s last major employer. We temporarily stopped the pillaging of the Tillotson Trust and the destruction of The Balsams in their tracks. Next week we’ll have more to say about our efforts to preserve and protect Tillotson’s legacy.[2]



We will not allow Tillotson’s sacred truths, and more importantly his substantial trust funds for the people of the North Country, to be stolen by self-dealers and two-faced “trustees.”



As I marched through West Stewartstown I saw the poverty and disorder in which young Celina Cass struggled to thrive, and where she lost her life. There were tears in my eyes. We blanched at the sight of closed factories, many of them victims of Wall Street greed and manipulation. We have come close to the people of this state in a way that the other presidential candidates have not and probably can not.



In Moe Bandy’s words, "Main Streets" still live in New Hampshire. The “picture show” is still open for business. Small town virtues and values endure.



You know, of course, that I am one of the “dark horse” candidates for the Republican Party’s nomination. But I am fighting hard because you need for me to fight hard. You need for me to fight to remind America that “Americana” still lives in New Hampshire. As a nation we need to cast off the despair that has engulfed us during the Obama era. We need to return to the traditional mainstream, main street values which still make this country the envy of the world.



My mother was born in Manchester. My grandparents had emigrated to a new land and created a successful new life for their family. In New Hampshire. My grandmother helped found a church in Manchester. Two of my grandparents’ children, my mother and my uncle Bill Vasiliou, graduated from the University of New Hampshire and shortly thereafter were called into the service of this country as we fought a world war against the most evil human beings who have ever lived, the leaders of Nazi Germany.



I grew up spending summers in New Hampshire at Hampton Beach and on lakes. My long stay in New Hampshire this summer--which is far from over and will continue at the same measured pace in the days and weeks ahead as the trees change colors—has allowed me to reconnect with my childhood and with my clear sense of right and wrong. My energy and vision could mean so much to a distressed nation if you help me win the presidential primary in February, 2012.



New Hampshire could change the world by rejecting the media show horses and choosing a Granite State work horse as the winner of the presidential primary. I’m working to earn your support. Hard work is all I have to offer.



I ask you to consider the words of Robert Frost as you decide whom to support in the 2012 presidential primary. The easy thing to do would be to vote for one of the media’s favorites; you see them all ad nauseam on Fox News. The hard thing to do would be to vote for someone with a record of independent accomplishment who can slake our thirst for new leadership, someone that came back to New Hampshire to fight for ordinary citizens not "high voltage" corporate law firms. You need to “take a chance on me.” (Abba link below)



In my own life, when confronted with easy choices and difficult choices, I always pursued the difficult challenge. Robert Frost calls this approach the “one less traveled by.” (link below) As Frost says, “And that has made all the difference.” If you want to make “all the difference” in 2012, you need to take a chance on a candidate that will fight for New Hampshire and fight for the future of this great but troubled nation.



My supporters and opponents all agree, I’m a fighter. That’s what we need in 2012. Someone who will fight to reclaim the United States from Barack Hussein Obama. Someone who will fight to rebuild this great nation at home and abroad. I’m ready for the challenge. Are you ready to take a leap of faith and vote for me?



Very humbly, I can only say “thank you” to all of you for your support to date. We’ll keep working for you, and we’ll keep bringing New Hampshire values and old fashioned New HampshireAmericana” to the 2012 presidential campaign. If you have any questions, suggestions, reactions or whatever, always feel free to get in touch. I’m here for you.



With profoundest appreciation and humility,



ANDY



AM:sp



--------------------------



LINKS TO THIS STORY (cut and paste the entire link below and not just the underlined portion):



http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/the-gift-outright/



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkdhsqXzeAU



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-crgQGdpZR0



http://www.bartleby.com/119/1.html



www.YouTube.com/MartinIn2012



--------------------------


© Copyright by Andy Martin 2011 – All Rights Reserved


--------------------------








[1] We send our news to supporters and opponents of NP and, of course, media.



[2] We had hoped to conduct a news conference Friday in Colebrook but there just isn’t time enough. We’ll get to that next week out of our national campaign headquarters in New York. Every day we are in New Hampshire to walk across the state and against Northern Pass we don’t deduct a single minute from our promise to get close and stay close to the people of New Hampshire.


No comments:

Post a Comment